Matcha is a versatile drink that can be enjoyed in both the heat of summer and cool of winter – at the end of summer we thought we would share our favourite Matchado matcha recipes – enjoy x
Matcha smoothies are SO easy to make, and super good for you! Enjoy yours in the morning for brekkie, pre or post workout, or just as a general snack to fill you up between meals. We have broken down the steps below so you will be making matcha smoothies in no time!
You can buy premium organic matcha powder from us at www.matchado.com.au/shop
– 1 cup of milk (almond and coconut work really well)
– 1- 1/2 bananas
– 3 ice cubes
– 1 teaspoon of Matchado matcha green tea
OPTIONAL: you can also add a cup of berries if you want a boost of antioxidants!
– Dice the banana into small pieces so they blend easily
– Place banana and ice cubes into blender first/ berries if using
– Add milk and matcha
– Blend! Enjoy!
This makes about one serving, so increase the ingredients if need be
Thanks to ‘Matcha Secrets’ for the yummy recipe! x
Matcha Chia Pudding
If you’re after something a bit different (and way healthy) for breakfast or even as a snack during the day, we recommend the Matcha Chia Seed Pudding- sourced from DailyBurn! Yummmm
– 3/4 cup milk (cow, coconut or almond milk, whichever you prefer!)
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1 teaspoon Matchado matcha green tea powder (www.matchado.com.au/shop)
– 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Combine all ingredients – stir well. Chia seeds will begin to gel.
Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
It’s been SO hot lately and hot weather calls for COLD drinks!
For an alternative, cooler way of drinking Matchado green tea, why not try it with a bit of mint and ice?
– 2 cups filtered water
– 2 teaspoons Matchado Cooking grade organic matcha
– 2 cups crushed ice
-1 lime, sliced
– handfuls of mint
– optional: honey or cane sugar
Grab your matcha from www.matchado.com.au/shop
– Using a cocktail shaker (or a large jar with a non-leaky lid) shake together the water and matcha until there are no lumps.
– Add the ice, a squeeze of lime, handfuls of mint and shake it some more. (Add sweetener if you like).
– Pour into glasses with extra lime slices and mint.
Enjoy and stay cool out there guys. Thanks for the tips lovelandlemons